Thursday, May 17, 2007

Today's Vent - Emotional Business Train Wreck

In Today’s Vent I’d like to talk about emotional business practice. This is a subject in my network of colleagues that unfortunately has become more popular in the recent months.

To determine your action by emotion rather than reason will derail you in seconds away from what you should be focused on. When you run your own business or even work for another company as an Independent Contractor your daily activities should square up your pay or rather what you do and how you conduct yourself will determine your paycheck.

I network among very bright individuals in the same field; network marketing. I’ve seen an emotional environment filled with negativity that I’m sure has placed us all back a few steps.

We are being sized up by the public eye and whether we like to admit this or not, we make an assessment of one another all the time. Now I’m not suggesting we cannot “tell it like it is!” But in a public environment we should use discretion and if not for anyone else at least for our own sake. Yes, we have the freedom to act or judge on our own, but we should be doing this wisely and objectively.

We as human’s are emotional creatures. I’ve stated this before. I’ve also made note that network marketing is almost like a religion to some of us. It becomes a huge part of our daily lives. So it’s no wonder that when we feel we must protect or defend that emotions will fly and sometimes right off the handle and especially when in an arena of others equally feeling anxious to challenge criticism.

No matter what happens to us individually or the companies we work for we must remind ourselves that in this public event we need to be mindful of others and ourselves. It’s only in our best interest and that of our company we work with.

Well…I’m taking my Tension Headache Excedrin and Therma Care Heat Wrap to bed tonight!